What Is RSS?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. All the Latest GLENN HUGHES News from this site is fed to an ongoing file and updated whenever the site is updated! RSS feeds are FREE subscription services that can be subscribed to, in order to get up to the minute information about GLENN and his current activities. These
feeds can be subscribed to and read via a special reader without the problems of email spam and without having to divulge any information about yourself. Many other devices besides computers are now becoming RSS enabled and you may be able to read these feeds on your PDA or Mobile Phone.
Available RSS Readers
We have compiled the following list of readers available at the time of this writing. A few of them are free to use and the supported operating systems for each reader is denoted.
- Apple Safari Browser (MAC) - Allows you to subscribe to any feed via clicking on the small orange icon next to the Address Bar in the browser window. Feeds are stored in your bookmarks.
- Thunderbird Email Client (WIN / MAC / LINUX)- by Mozilla.org, this email client handles email and has full RSS support
- Mozilla Firefox Browser (ALL) - Allows you to subscribe to any feed via clicking on the small orange icon at the bottom of the browser window. Feeds are stored in your bookmarks.
- Sharp Reader (WIN)- requires the Microsoft™ .NET Framework to be installed
- Straw (LINUX)
- AmphetaDesk - (ALL) Free reader available for all computer platforms
- NetNewsWire (MAC) - $39.95 Native OS X news reader looks similar to the Mail.app, VERY easy to use and setup!
- BlogLines (ALL) - allows you to check Feeds via any browser (requires sign up with email address)
- FeedDemon (WIN) - $29.95 US runs on Windows™ without .NET platform
There are many more readers being made available daily, so you may find a reader you like better - the above products are ONLY suggestions and to help get you started. Yahoo! users may also subscribe to an RSS Feed through their My Yahoo! page.
Subscribing to a Feed
Each program has its own way of allowing you to subscribe to a feed but the most common method is to click on the blue and orange RSS/XML and/or My Yahoo! icons at the top & bottom section of the News page at this website and then Copy the Feed URL from the browser's address bar to the Clipboard. You then open your feed reader and start a new subscription. When your reader program asks for the feed location you then Paste the Feed URL (from the last step) into the box provided from the Clipboard. Once you've completed the feed setup your program should automatically download the feed. As more News is added to the feed, your reader will automatically download it and inform you that there are updates.
What is iPodder?
iPodder is the premier multi-platform Podcasting application, allowing users to capture and listen to Internet audio programs anytime, anywhere. It allows users to select and download shows and music and to play whenever they want on their iPods, portable digital media players, or computers automatically. By using iPodder at GHPG.net, you can automatically check for updates to the News page for newly added MP3 content. Simply click on the iPodder icon at the top & bottom section of the News page at this website and then Copy the Podcast URL from the browser's address bar to the Clipboard. You can then open iPodder and start a new Subscription. When iPodder asks for the feed location you then Paste the Podcast URL (from the last step) into the box provided from the Clipboard. Once you've completed the Podcast setup you can then download any new MP3 content.
Syndicating News From GHPG.net
All websites that have the ability to use RSS Feeds within their site's content are permitted and encouraged to use the available News from this site, but we ask that you give appropriate credit and make a reference to GHPG.net